- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 capsicum
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 400 g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained
- 12 tortillas
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix through cumin, coriander, paprika and season with pepper; cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add zucchini, capsicum, carrot, corn kernels, canned tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, or longer if time permits, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- If desired, heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on HIGH, or according to packet instructions.
- To serve, place 2 tortillas on each plate. Top each tortilla with bean mix and sprinkle with cheese. Add tomatoes and lettuce then roll up to enclose filling.
Serving Suggestion: Add spicy salsa and guacamole for extra zing
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1300 kJ||322 kJ|
|Protein||17.5 g||4.3 g|
|Fat, total||6.3 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||2.3 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||39.7 g||9.8 g|
|— sugars||11.2 g||2.7 g|
|Sodium||824 mg||204 mg|
|Fibre||12.3 g||3 g|
You might also like
Moroccan Baked Eggplant
Perfect for meat-free Mondays, these stuffed eggplants are bursting with flavour.