Healthy Corn Noodle Cakes Recipe
- 120 g angel hair pasta or spaghettini
- 4 eggs
- to taste pepper
- 1 x 400g can creamed corn
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), finely chopped
- 1/2 capsicum, finely chopped
- Break spaghetti strands in half. Add spaghetti to a medium pot of boiling water. Cook according to packet instructions. Drain then set aside to cool. Should make about 2 cups of cooked noodles.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Season with black pepper then mix in creamed corn, spring onion, capsicum and pasta.
- Spray a large non-stick frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat. Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture evenly spread around the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and firm. Flip noodle cake and brown on the other side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and salad, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: Use an egg ring to mould your corn cake into shape
Comment: *To make this dish gluten free, use gluten free pasta or rice noodles
On a budget? If fresh produce is not available or is too expensive, try canned or frozen fruit and veg!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2099 kJ||422 kJ|
|Protein||25 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||2 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||74 g||15 g|
|— sugars||14 g||3 g|
|Sodium||763 mg||153 mg|
|Fibre||12 g||2 g|
You might also like
Pantry Pasta 3-2-1
This fast vegie spaghetti is made from pantry staples - perfect for a quick weeknight meal.