Healthy Chickpea Burgers Recipe
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup low-fat natural or Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices canned beetroot slice
- 6 roll wholemeal or wholegrain roll
- Mash chickpeas with a fork or process in a food processor until roughly chopped.
- Add yoghurt, curry powder, egg, breadcrumb, spring onions and coriander to the chickpeas. Season with pepper and stir until well-combined.
- Roll 4 tablespoons of mixture per patty into balls and then flatten to make patties.
- Cut buns in half.
- Turn frypan onto medium heat and spray with oil. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden. Serve in a bun, with tomato, cucumber, beetroot and lettuce.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2165 kJ||561 kJ|
|Protein||22.8 g||5.9 g|
|Fat, total||8.1 g||2.1 g|
|— saturated||1.6 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||79.2 g||20.5 g|
|— sugars||14.6 g||3.8 g|
|Sodium||1121 mg||290 mg|
|Fibre||15.2 g||3.9 g|