Healthy Snack Plate Dinner Recipe
- Protein food (see examples below)
- Fruit and veg (see examples below)
- Grains (see examples below)
Use whatever you like and have on hand, but include at least one item from each group. We've provided some examples for each group, but feel free to get creative if there are other options that you enjoy.
- Boiled eggs
- Cheese slices or cubes
- Leftover roast meat slices
- Leftover cooked chicken slices or BBQ chicken
- Nuts e.g. cashews, almonds, peanuts, brazil nuts, macadamia
- Flavoured tofu pieces
- Yoghurt tub
Fruit and veg
- Salad vegies e.g. carrot, celery, capsicum, snow peas, sugar snap peas, avocado, cucumber, cherry tomatoes,
- Leftover roast veg
- Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, green beans, potatoes
- Pickled/marinated veg e.g. tinned beetroot, artichoke, capsicum, olives
- Cooked corn cob, chopped into pieces
- Sliced fruit e.g. apple, pear, watermelon, nashi pear
- Whole fruit e.g. blueberries, grapes, peeled mandarin, strawberries
- Pasta e.g. penne
- Wholemeal or grainy bread, toast, rolls, flat bread or wraps
- Grainy crackers
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
You might also like
Vego ramen-style soup 3-2-1
This vegan broth gets its richness from a few interesting ingredients. Add your favourite toppings and it's a flavour party!
Mushroom and edamame rice
The unexpected pairing of zesty lemon and fresh thyme with soy make this flavour-packed fusion dish shine.
Corn Noodle Cakes 3-2-1
You wouldn't believe there's 3 serves of vegetables jammed into these tasty fritters!