Healthy Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 3 x 400 g cans no-added-salt brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 12 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread, to serve
- Lightly spray a large pot with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables have softened.
- Stir in garlic and cumin, cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add zucchini, sweet potato, lentils, stock powder and 1 1/2 L water; stir until well combined.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with coriander, if desired. Serve with bread or toast.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2006 kJ||301 kJ|
|479 Cal||72 Cal|
|Protein||25 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||8 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||66 g||10 g|
|— sugars||12 g||2 g|
|Sodium||627 mg||94 mg|
|Fibre||18 g||3 g|
You might also like
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Roasted Tomato Cream
This tasty sweet potato gnocchi is a favourite in the LiveLighter team.
Vego ramen-style soup 3-2-1
This vegan broth gets its richness from a few interesting ingredients. Add your favourite toppings and it's a flavour party!