Healthy Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 3 x 400g cans no-added-salt brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 12 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread, to serve
- Lightly spray a large pot with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables have softened.
- Stir in garlic and cumin, cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add zucchini, sweet potato, lentils, stock powder and 1 1/2 L water; stir until well combined.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with coriander, if desired. Serve with bread or toast.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2006 kJ||301 kJ|
|Protein||25 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||8 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||66 g||10 g|
|— sugars||12 g||2 g|
|Sodium||627 mg||94 mg|
|Fibre||18 g||3 g|
You might also like
Pantry Pasta 3-2-1
This fast vegie spaghetti is made from pantry staples - perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Moroccan Baked Eggplant
Perfect for meat-free Mondays, these stuffed eggplants are bursting with flavour.