Healthy Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 3 x 400g cans no-added-salt brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 12 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread, to serve
- Lightly spray a large pot with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables have softened.
- Stir in garlic and cumin, cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add zucchini, sweet potato, lentils, stock powder and 1 1/2 L water; stir until well combined.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with coriander, if desired. Serve with bread or toast.
Serving Suggestion: Ladle individual portions into ziplock bags, squeeze the air out, seal and freeze.
Comment: *To make this meal gluten free, use gluten free bread or add 1 cup of cooked brown rice to each bowl just before serving.
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2006 kJ||301 kJ|
|Protein||25 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||8 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||66 g||10 g|
|— sugars||12 g||2 g|
|Sodium||627 mg||94 mg|
|Fibre||18 g||3 g|