Healthy Bean Burrito Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup frozen corn kernel
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 12 leaves lettuce, shredded
- 6 tortillas
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spices and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add zucchini, carrot, corn kernels, canned tomatoes, lentils and beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, or longer if time permits, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- If desired, heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on HIGH, or according to packet instructions.
- To serve, top each tortilla with bean mix, tomato and lettuce then roll up to enclose filling.
Serving Suggestion: Tip: Make a big batch of filling and freeze. Ladle individual servings into ziplock bags, squeeze the air out and seal. Lay flat in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Comment: *To make this dish gluten free, use gluten free wraps or tortillas
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1969 kJ||446 kJ|
|Protein||19 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||2 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||69 g||16 g|
|— sugars||15 g||3 g|
|Sodium||1052 mg||238 mg|
|Fibre||16 g||4 g|