Healthy Pantry Pasta Recipe
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 zucchini, grated
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- to taste pepper
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils
- 1 tbs Parmesan cheese
- 120 g spaghetti or other pasta
- Cook pasta according to packet directions and drain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add carrot and zucchini, stirring until well mixed. Lower heat, cover and cook for 5minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils, herbs and pepper to vegetables, turn up the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2170 kJ||367 kJ|
|Protein||28 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||8 g||1 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||74 g||13 g|
|— sugars||14 g||2 g|
|Sodium||671 mg||114 mg|
|Fibre||18 g||3 g|
You might also like
Sticky Tofu Noodles 3-2-1
A good quality curry paste is a great shortcut to adding a flavour punch to tofu.