Healthy Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 275 g firm tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs oyster sauce, optional
- 2 tbs chilli sauce (or ½ teaspoon chilli flakes)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 150 g snow pea, ends trimmed and sliced
- 200 g mushroom, sliced
- 6 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage (Wombok), shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Place tofu in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes with garlic, ginger and sauces. Drain, retaining marinade.
- Heat a wok or non-stick frypan, add oil and tofu and stir-fry until brown on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients except bean shoots and stir for 3–4 minutes until lightly cooked.
- Add bean shoots and tofu, stir through reserved marinade.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Variation: Savoy cabbage, Brussels sprouts or bok choy may be used instead of Chinese cabbage, and try a small leek instead of spring onions.
Comment: Leave out the oyster sauce to make this dish vegetarian and vegan.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2607 kJ||402 kJ|
|Protein||22.2 g||3.4 g|
|Fat, total||15.8 g||2.4 g|
|— saturated||2.2 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||90.2 g||13.9 g|
|— sugars||10.5 g||1.6 g|
|Sodium||436.1 mg||67.3 mg|
|Fibre||2.2 g||14 g|