Healthy Honey Panna Cotta With Tropical Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1 1/2 tbs water
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups honey-flavoured yoghurt
- 1 mango, peeled and stoned
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled
- 300 g pawpaw, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled and cored
- pulp of 2 passionfruit
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a cup and set aside.
- Place milk and sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and stir through gelatine until dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly then add yoghurt and mix well until smooth.
- Divide yoghurt mixture among four 150ml capacity individual jelly, pannacotta or dariole moulds. Cover each mould with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- To prepare salsa, cut all fruit into 1cm dice and combine in a medium sized bowl with passionfruit.
- Just prior to serving, break the seal by running the blade of a knife around the edge of each pannacotta. Upturn mould onto serving plate and shake to release.
- Divide fruit salsa between plates and serve immediately.
Pannacotta can be made up to 2 days in advance if kept covered in moulds otherwise it needs to be served immediately once turned out to prevent it ‘melting’.
If jelly or dariole moulds are not available, use a similar shape plastic container such as an individual disposable yoghurt tub or a silicone muffin tray.
Alternatively, set pannacotta in a glass or bowl and top with fruit salsa
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||987 kJ||264 kJ|
|Protein||9.9 g||2.7 g|
|Fat, total||4.5 g||1.2 g|
|— saturated||2.8 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.2 g||9.4 g|
|— sugars||35 g||9.4 g|
|Sodium||93.6 mg||25.1 mg|
|Fibre||5.6 g||1.5 g|
You might also like
Grilled Pineapple with Star Fruit
A naturally sweet and tasty fruit recipe, topped with a sprinkling of coconut.