Healthy Fast Fruit & Custard Recipe
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- sprinkle ground cinnamon, optional
- 800 g fresh or canned fruit
- In a microwave safe jug heat the milk on HIGH (100%) for 90 seconds and then stir. Microwave for another 90 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Gently whisk warmed milk into the egg mixture. Stirring all the time, strain this mix into a 2 litre microwave dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cook in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 4 minutes. Stir and then cook on MEDIUM (50%) for another 5 minutes. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide the mixed fruit between 4 bowls. Spoon custard over the top and serve immediately.
Variation: This custard can be baked in a preheated oven at 160°C in a single dish for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||976 kJ||308 kJ|
|Protein||11.1 g||3.5 g|
|Fat, total||5.6 g||1.8 g|
|— saturated||2.5 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||32.2 g||10.2 g|
|— sugars||32.2 g||10.1 g|
|Sodium||220.6 mg||69.6 mg|
|Fibre||3 g||0.9 g|
You might also like
Apple Pudding with Cinnamon Custard
An easy apple filled pudding with a fruity crust and warming cinnamon custard.