Healthy Mexican Street Corn Recipe
- 6 corn cobs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- to taste chilli flakes or hot sauce, optional
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs coriander stalks and leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat a BBQ, griddle pan or frypan until very hot.
- If the corn cobs are in their green skins, pull the skins back but leave attached to make a handle. Remove the corn silks.
- Cook corn cobs on a high heat, turning often, until lightly charred all over (10 - 15 mins).
- Mix the olive oil and smoked paprika and chilli flakes (if using).
- Once the corn is cooked, brush with the paprika oil, sprinkle with parmesan and coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Comment: *To make this recipe dairy-free swap parmesan for a dairy-free alternative or leave off altogether.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||981 kJ||595 kJ|
|Protein||7.8 g||4.8 g|
|Fat, total||10.2 g||6.2 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||23.1 g||14 g|
|— sugars||6.7 g||4.1 g|
|Sodium||31 mg||19 mg|
|Fibre||9.6 g||5.8 g|
You might also like
This drink combines the fiery heat of ginger with the bright sweetness of pineapple.