Healthy Milanese Risotto Recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 6 cups salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock , hot
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large heavy saucepan heat the oil and cook onion and garlic until softened but not coloured.
- Add rice and stir until it ‘crackles’approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add about half a cup of stock at a time, stirring constantly and adding more when the liquid has absorbed. Continue until rice is tender and all stock has been absorbed. It should be a creamy consistency, neither dry nor ‘soupy’.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
On a budget? If fresh produce is not available or is too expensive, try canned or frozen fruit and veg!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1676 kJ||253 kJ|
|Protein||12.1 g||1.8 g|
|Fat, total||11.7 g||1.8 g|
|— saturated||4.3 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||61 g||9.2 g|
|— sugars||1.1 g||0.2 g|
|Sodium||1890.7 mg||286.2 mg|
|Fibre||1.2 g||0.2 g|
You might also like
Moroccan-spiced haloumi tray bake 3-2-1
That golden haloumi! And the warmly spiced sauce is so good over couscous or mopped up with flat bread.
Corn Noodle Cakes 3-2-1
You wouldn't believe there's 3 serves of vegetables jammed into these tasty fritters!