Healthy Tuna Salad In Turkish Bread Recipe
- 2 small round Turkish breads, split open and toasted
- 2 tbs low-fat cheese (cottage cheese, quark or labneh)
- 1 tbs capers, optional
- 185 g can tuna in spring water, drained
- rocket, baby spinach or lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbs fresh herbs (parsley, dill and/or mint)
- pepper, to taste
- Spread the warm bread with cheese and sprinkle two halves with capers.
- Spoon the tuna, leaves and tomato on top. Season with herbs and pepper. Cover with remaining bread halves.
- Serve immediately.
Labneh is a yoghurt cheese. To make your own: Line a colander with several folds of cheesecloth or a kitchen towel. Pour natural yoghurt into the cloth, then put the colander into a larger container and let it drain overnight in the refrigerator until it's reduced to half its volume.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1319 kJ||381 kJ|
|Protein||31.9 g||9.2 g|
|Fat, total||5.5 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||31.8 g||9.2 g|
|— sugars||6.2 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||549.1 mg||158.6 mg|
|Fibre||3.7 g||1.1 g|
You might also like
Asian Slaw & Sweet Chilli Tuna
This dish can be eaten cold and crunchy or warm and hearty. Experiment!