Healthy Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups pasta shapes (spiral or bows)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup snow pea, ends trimmed, chopped
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 185 g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/2 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- Toss tomatoes, olives, capsicum, mushrooms, snow peas, parsley, lemon juice and tuna together. Mix through pasta.
- Pour the dressing over salad and add pepper to taste.
Look for low-fat or fat-free dressings in the dressing section at the supermarket.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Choose plain water or soda water in place of a sugary drink.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||920 kJ||340 kJ|
|Protein||16.3 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||4 g||1.5 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||26.1 g||9.7 g|
|— sugars||4.6 g||1.7 g|
|Sodium||495.1 mg||183.3 mg|
|Fibre||4.5 g||1.7 g|
You might also like
Prawn & Avocado Rice Paper Rolls
Plump prawns, creamy avocado and fresh herbs - a Vietnamese favourite!