- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500 g minced lean pork
- 6 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 100 g mushroom, diced
- 1 cup rice (uncooked), cooked
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs chilli sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup mung bean shoots
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in wok or frypan. Cook pork quickly until separate and cooked through, then set aside leaving oil in pan.
- Place onions, garlic, ginger, celery, capsicum, mushrooms and rice into the hot pan and cook gently, stirring until softened.
- Return the pork to the pan and mix well.
- Combine cornflour, sauces and vinegar in a small bowl, add to the pork mixture with the bean shoots and stir through until bean shoots are wilted and mixture has thickened slightly.
- Place two crisp lettuce leaves on each serving plate and spoon the filling onto each leaf. Serve at once.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Serving Suggestion: Place leaves on a plate and pork mixture in a bowl and allow diners to fill each leaf with mixture, roll into a parcel and eat with their fingers
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1664 kJ||493 kJ|
|Protein||38.4 g||11.4 g|
|Fat, total||17.7 g||5.3 g|
|— saturated||5.4 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||18 g||5.3 g|
|— sugars||3.9 g||1.2 g|
|Sodium||934 mg||277.1 mg|
|Fibre||3.6 g||1 g|