Healthy Ratatouille Recipe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 425 g can no-added-salt crushed tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan saute onion in oil until soft.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, tomato and garlic. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Top with parsley and serve.
4-6 baby eggplants may be used if larger eggplant is unavailable.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||389 kJ||149 kJ|
|Protein||3.4 g||1.3 g|
|Fat, total||3.6 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||0.6 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||9 g||3.5 g|
|— sugars||8 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||157 mg||60 mg|
|Fibre||5.5 g||2.1 g|