Healthy Kangaroo Curry Recipe
- 600 g kangaroo meat, diced
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- lemon juice
- 1 tbs cornflour
- Place roo chunks in pot with curry powder and cook for ¾ of an hour in own juices until meat has browned.
- Put stock cubes in water and stir. Add to the pot and mix well.
- Add potato, onion, and half the garlic. Mix well and cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, pinch of salt, and remaining garlic. Add tablespoon of cornflour to thicken. Cook until potatoes are tender.
Recipe from Deadly Tucker cookbook (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander-FOODcents manual, 2006), North Metropolitan Health Service, Department of Health WA. Reproduced with permission.
Vegies are a great source of healthy nutrients. Try to include extra vegetables at lunch and dinner.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2248 kJ||504 kJ|
|Protein||44 g||10 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1.2 g|
|— saturated||1.3 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||74 g||17 g|
|— sugars||3 g||0.7 g|
|Sodium||388 mg||87 mg|
|Fibre||6 g||1.4 g|
You might also like
Mexican Mince - Toastie Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!
Lamb Tagine with Couscous 3-2-1
Tender lamb and sweet apricots are a perfect match in this hearty stew.