Healthy Kangaroo Curry Recipe
- 600 g kangaroo meat, diced
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- lemon juice
- 1 tbs cornflour
- Place roo chunks in pot with curry powder and cook for ¾ of an hour in own juices until meat has browned.
- Put stock cubes in water and stir. Add to the pot and mix well.
- Add potato, onion, and half the garlic. Mix well and cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, pinch of salt, and remaining garlic. Add tablespoon of cornflour to thicken. Cook until potatoes are tender.
Recipe from Deadly Tucker cookbook (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander-FOODcents manual, 2006), North Metropolitan Health Service, Department of Health WA. Reproduced with permission.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2248 kJ||504 kJ|
|Protein||44 g||10 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1.2 g|
|— saturated||1.3 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||74 g||17 g|
|— sugars||3 g||0.7 g|
|Sodium||388 mg||87 mg|
|Fibre||6 g||1.4 g|