Healthy Burgers Recipe
- 200 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, one quarter finely chopped, the rest thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs breadcrumbs
- to taste pepper, to taste
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 2 wholemeal or wholegrain rolls
- 2 tbs salt-reduced tomato sauce, optional
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices canned beetroot slice
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- In a medium bowl, add the mince, the finely chopped quarter of the onion, half the grated carrot, the Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs and a good crack of pepper. Mix, and use hands to shape into two patties about 2 cm thick. Put in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, heat up a frypan and or BBQ and spray with a little oil. Cook the sliced onions on medium heat, stirring often, till golden (at least 5 minutes). Remove onions from the pan.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil and cook the patties on high heat for about 4 minutes each side, until nicely browned and cooked all the way through.
- Slice open the rolls, spread the bottom slice with a small amount of tomato sauce (if using), and stack the lettuce, beetroot, patties, onions, tomato, avocado and leftover carrot on top.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2201 kJ||518 kJ|
|Protein||37 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||17 g||4 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||48 g||11 g|
|— sugars||14 g||3 g|
|Sodium||785 mg||185 mg|
|Fibre||13 g||3 g|
You might also like
Mexican Mince - Burrito Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!
Beef & Bean Burrito
A vegie-packed beef con carne burrito - a fun, family dinner that the kids will love!