Healthy Curry Recipe
- 500 beef or beef mince
- 2 tbs curry powder
- olive oil
- cornflour or Gravox to thicken
- 3 potatoes , peeled and chopped
- 4 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- Cut up meat and throw away the fat.
- Heat the pot with a small spoon of oil. Put meat and curry powder into the pot and stir on medium heat.
- When meat is half cooked add the vegetables and water (so water nearly covers vegetables) in the pot.
- Put on low heat and cook but do not overcook the vegetables.
- Mix cornflour or Gravox™ into the meat and vegetables (enough to thicken it to how you like it).
Recipe from Deadly Tucker cookbook (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander-FOODcents manual, 2006), North Metropolitan Health Service, Department of Health WA, reproduced with permission.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2037 kJ||437 kJ|
|Protein||34.8 g||7.5 g|
|Fat, total||4.8 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||70.8 g||15.2 g|
|— sugars||6.5 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||88.5 mg||19 mg|
|Fibre||7.7 g||1.6 g|
You might also like
Steak Sandwich with Caramelised Onions
Forget the pub grub, this steak sanga’s bound to be a favourite!