Healthy Curry Recipe
- 500 beef or beef mince
- 2 tbs curry powder
- olive oil
- cornflour or Gravox to thicken
- 3 potatoes , peeled and chopped
- 4 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- Cut up meat and throw away the fat.
- Heat the pot with a small spoon of oil. Put meat and curry powder into the pot and stir on medium heat.
- When meat is half cooked add the vegetables and water (so water nearly covers vegetables) in the pot.
- Put on low heat and cook but do not overcook the vegetables.
- Mix cornflour or Gravox™ into the meat and vegetables (enough to thicken it to how you like it).
Recipe from Deadly Tucker cookbook (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander-FOODcents manual, 2006), North Metropolitan Health Service, Department of Health WA, reproduced with permission.
Vegies are a great source of healthy nutrients. Try to include extra vegetables at lunch and dinner.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2037 kJ||437 kJ|
|Protein||34.8 g||7.5 g|
|Fat, total||4.8 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||70.8 g||15.2 g|
|— sugars||6.5 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||88.5 mg||19 mg|
|Fibre||7.7 g||1.6 g|
You might also like
Seared Steak Corn & Couscous Salad 3-2-1
The smoky sweetness of the corn is the real hero of this fabulous summery dish