Healthy Warm Lemon Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 small skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbs fresh thyme or oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup currants
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, extra, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled into long ribbons
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- In a small baking dish place chicken, zest and lemon juice, honey, garlic, herbs, currants and pepper. Toss chicken in marinade to coat both sides then cover with a layer of lemon slices.
- Bake covered in the oven for 15-20 minutes until just cooked through and chicken juices run clear. Discard herbs, remove chicken to cool and reserve pan juices.
- Place spinach leaves, carrot strips and spring onions in a large serving bowl. Top with thinly sliced chicken, lemon and pan juices. Serve immediately.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||859 kJ||402 kJ|
|Protein||20.7 g||9.7 g|
|Fat, total||2.9 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||21.3 g||10 g|
|— sugars||20.7 g||9.7 g|
|Sodium||61.7 mg||28.9 mg|
|Fibre||5.2 g||2.4 g|
You might also like
Spicy Orange Chicken with Baked Vegie Parcels
Mouth watering, orange spiced chicken on a bed of veg - sure to become a family favourite!
Chicken Pad Thai
Put your own spin on this dish by tweaking the lime, chilli and coriander to your liking.