- 2 small skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbs fresh thyme or oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup currants
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, extra, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled into long ribbons
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- In a small baking dish place chicken, zest and lemon juice, honey, garlic, herbs, currants and pepper. Toss chicken in marinade to coat both sides then cover with a layer of lemon slices.
- Bake covered in the oven for 15-20 minutes until just cooked through and chicken juices run clear. Discard herbs, remove chicken to cool and reserve pan juices.
- Place spinach leaves, carrot strips and spring onions in a large serving bowl. Top with thinly sliced chicken, lemon and pan juices. Serve immediately.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||859 kJ||402 kJ|
|Protein||20.7 g||9.7 g|
|Fat, total||2.9 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||21.3 g||10 g|
|— sugars||20.7 g||9.7 g|
|Sodium||61.7 mg||28.9 mg|
|Fibre||5.2 g||2.4 g|
You might also like
Fragrant Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps 3-2-1
Fast, fresh and fragrant. Also makes a great salad if you can't be bothered with the lettuce cups!
Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps
Love Sang Choy Bow? A dash of curry adds a spicy kick to this Chinese classic.