Healthy Warm Lemon Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 small skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbs fresh thyme or oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup currants
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, extra, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled into long ribbons
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- In a small baking dish place chicken, zest and lemon juice, honey, garlic, herbs, currants and pepper. Toss chicken in marinade to coat both sides then cover with a layer of lemon slices.
- Bake covered in the oven for 15-20 minutes until just cooked through and chicken juices run clear. Discard herbs, remove chicken to cool and reserve pan juices.
- Place spinach leaves, carrot strips and spring onions in a large serving bowl. Top with thinly sliced chicken, lemon and pan juices. Serve immediately.
Cover and refrigerate marinated chicken for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||859 kJ||402 kJ|
|Protein||20.7 g||9.7 g|
|Fat, total||2.9 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||21.3 g||10 g|
|— sugars||20.7 g||9.7 g|
|Sodium||61.7 mg||28.9 mg|
|Fibre||5.2 g||2.4 g|
You might also like
Chicken Cacciatore Pasta
This “hunter-style” meal is well balanced with flavours of tomato and olives