Healthy Chargrilled Beef With Avocado & Corn Salsa Recipe
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 large corn cob, husk intact
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 x 110 g lean beef, fat trimmed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Place capsicum on a non-stick baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Microwave the corn cob in its husk on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Remove the husk and silk. Cut kernels from the cob into a medium sized bowl. Discard cob.
- For the salsa, add capsicum, avocado, coriander and lime juice to the corn.
- Preheat a grill pan or heavy based frying pan over medium heat. Spray the steaks with oil and season with pepper. Cook steaks to your liking. Rest for 2 minutes. Slice steak into strips.
- Divide salsa between plates and top with the steak slices. Serve with lime wedges.
Bottled lime juice can be used when fresh limes are not available.
**LIVELIGHTER SUMMER BBQ RECIPE COMPETITION FINALIST**
Submitted by Donna of The Vines
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1506 kJ||565 kJ|
|Protein||28.2 g||10.6 g|
|Fat, total||20.7 g||7.8 g|
|— saturated||5 g||1.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||11.8 g||4.4 g|
|— sugars||5 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||37.6 mg||14.1 mg|
|Fibre||7 g||2.6 g|
You might also like
Pork Medallions with Chargrilled Potato Salad
This mustard and orange infused pork will become a summer favourite.
Balsamic Pork on Garlicky White Bean Mash 3-2-1
Fancy up your cooking with this protein-packed alternative to traditional potato mash.