Healthy Sausage Burgers Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 sausages
- 4 wholemeal or wholegrain rolls, halved
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernel
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato salsa
- 225 g can beetroot, drained
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 lettuce leaves, shredded
- Lightly spray a non-stick frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat. Cook sausages, turning frequently, for 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside to rest for 2 minutes before cutting into long diagonal slices.
- In a bowl, mix tomato, corn kernels, onion and salsa. Spread the salsa mix over the four bottoms of the rolls.
- Top each roll with beetroot, sausages, carrot and lettuce. Cover with top of the rolls and serve.
Swap a large portion of meat for a smaller portion with extra vegetables.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1620 kJ||524 kJ|
|Protein||17.2 g||5.6 g|
|Fat, total||13 g||4.2 g|
|— saturated||4.9 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||45.9 g||14.8 g|
|— sugars||9.7 g||3.2 g|
|Sodium||1032 mg||333.7 mg|
|Fibre||8.9 g||2.9 g|
You might also like
Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash 3-2-1
Tender pork with a fragrant glaze, cauli mash and colourful veg.
Mexican Mince - Loaded Potato Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!