Healthy Beef Broccoli & Snow Pea Stir Fry Recipe
- 500 g Hokkien egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 400 g lean beef, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 100 g snow pea, ends trimmed
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Prepare noodles following packet directions.
- Heat oil in pan, stir-fry beef in two batches, set aside and keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, cooking until onion is translucent. Add broccoli, snow peas and water, cooking until vegetables soften. Return beef to pan.
- In a small bowl combine water, cornflour and sauces. Stir through beef and vegetables and allow to bubble and thicken.
- Serve with noodles.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission
- Substitute 400g lean pork leg steak for beef.
- Replace broccoli and snow peas with other vegetables, e.g. Chinese cabbage, bok choy and sliced carrots.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1678 kJ||551 kJ|
|Protein||38.4 g||12.6 g|
|Fat, total||12.9 g||4.2 g|
|— saturated||2.2 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.5 g||9.7 g|
|— sugars||2.6 g||0.9 g|
|Sodium||620 mg||203.5 mg|
|Fibre||5.6 g||1.8 g|
You might also like
Balsamic Pork on Garlicky White Bean Mash 3-2-1
Fancy up your cooking with this protein-packed alternative to traditional potato mash.