Healthy Basil Beef & Bean Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- to taste pepper
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup rice (uncooked)
- 200 g lean beef, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 1 400 g can baby corn spears, drained
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Mix garlic, ginger and soy in a small bowl; season with black pepper. Add beef, stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
- Spray a non-stick wok or large frypan with oil and heat. Cook beef for 2 minutes over high heat until browned. Do not discard marinade. Set the beef and any pan juices aside in a clean bowl.
- Re-spray pan with oil, add onions and cook till soft. Add beans and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until just tender.
- Add marinade to the pan, cover and cook until vegetables soften but remain bright green.
- Add in corn, cooked beef, hoisin sauce and basil. Stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve with rice.
Variation: Try using chicken instead of beef, add a fresh chilli and use sweet chilli sauce instead of hoisin.
Comment: *If you need this dish to be gluten free, check the ingredients list on the sauces. Some contain gluten.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2066 kJ||360 kJ|
|Protein||36 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||1 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||67 g||12 g|
|— sugars||12 g||2 g|
|Sodium||1158 mg||202 mg|
|Fibre||15 g||3 g|
You might also like
Rosemary Lamb with Sicilian Vegetables
Succulent lamb on vegetable stew – a hearty meal for a cold winter’s night.