Healthy Basil Beef & Bean Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- to taste pepper
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup rice (uncooked)
- 200 g lean beef, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 1 400 g can baby corn spears, drained
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Mix garlic, ginger and soy in a small bowl; season with black pepper. Add beef, stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
- Spray a non-stick wok or large frypan with oil and heat. Cook beef for 2 minutes over high heat until browned. Do not discard marinade. Set the beef and any pan juices aside in a clean bowl.
- Re-spray pan with oil, add onions and cook till soft. Add beans and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until just tender.
- Add marinade to the pan, cover and cook until vegetables soften but remain bright green.
- Add in corn, cooked beef, hoisin sauce and basil. Stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve with rice.
Variation: Try using chicken instead of beef, add a fresh chilli and use sweet chilli sauce instead of hoisin.
Comment: *If you need this dish to be gluten free, check the ingredients list on the sauces. Some contain gluten.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2066 kJ||360 kJ|
|Protein||36 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||1 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||67 g||12 g|
|— sugars||12 g||2 g|
|Sodium||1158 mg||202 mg|
|Fibre||15 g||3 g|