- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs chilli flake, optional
- See serving suggestion
- Heat oil in a large frypan and fry onion, garlic and mince for about 5 minutes, till onions are clear and meat is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally.
Roll up the Mexican Mince in a tortilla with tomato, corn, onion, cucumber and lettuce. Add a spoonful of natural low-fat yoghurt and chilli flakes for extra kick.
Swap a large portion of meat for a smaller portion with extra vegetables.
You might also like
Beef Broccoli & Snow Pea Stir Fry
Speedy to prepare, this stir-fry is the perfect mid week meal. Take the left overs for lunch!