Healthy Mexican Mince - Loaded Potato Style Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs chilli flake, optional
- See serving suggestion
- Heat oil in a large frypan and fry onion, garlic and mince for about 5 minutes, till onions are clear and meat is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally
Spoon Mexican Mince onto cooked potato. Cut an X halfway through the cooked potatoes and top with Mexican Mince. Finish with a little reduced-fat cheese, low-fat plain yoghurt, spring onions and chilli flakes.
To cook potato:
Prick potato (leave the skin on) all over with a fork and wrap in aluminium foil. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 220°C
Prick potato (leave the skin on) all over with a fork. Put in a microwave safe container and cook for 5 minutes on HIGH (100%). Flip over and microwave for another 5 minutes. If still hard in the middle, microwave for a minute at a time, till soft.
To keep lean meats juicy and add flavour, try brushing with a marinade.
You might also like
Beef & Bean Burrito
A vegie-packed beef con carne burrito - a fun, family dinner that the kids will love!
Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash 3-2-1
Tender pork with a fragrant glaze, cauli mash and colourful veg.