- 300 g lean beef, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin or ground coriander
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into batons
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 4 wholegrain or reduced-fat tortillas or soft wraps (20cm)
- 1/3 cup extra light sour cream , optional
- In a small bowl, combine beef, garlic, lemon or lime juice, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon ground cumin or coriander and season with pepper. Mix well and set aside to marinate while vegetables are prepared.
- Combine tomatoes and coriander in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Spray a wok or large non-stick frypan with oil and heat. Stir-fry the beef in two batches for 1-2 minutes each until brown and just cooked, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan with oil and return to high heat. Stir-fry onion with remaining teaspoon of cumin or coriander for 3 minutes.
- Add in capsicum and zucchini and stir-fry vegetables until tender but still firm and bright.
- Stir through sweet chilli sauce and cooked beef then stir-fry until heated through.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on HIGH, or according to packet instructions.
- To serve, top tortillas with beef stir-fry, tomato-coriander mix and 2 teaspoons of sour cream then roll up to enclose filling.
Cover bowl, refrigerate and marinate beef for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
- For added spice, stir-fry a chopped red chilli with the onion.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute beef for 2 cans of drained no-added-salt kidney beans and serve with guacamole.
To eat less saturated fat, choose leaner cuts of meat and and trim the fat off meat before cooking.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2116 kJ||349 kJ|
|Protein||39 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||18 g||3 g|
|— saturated||7 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||41 g||7 g|
|— sugars||17 g||3 g|
|Sodium||1114 mg||184 mg|
|Fibre||10 g||2 g|