- 1 kg chuck or blade steak, cut into chunks
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- 425 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 turnip, cut into chunks
- 3 medium potatoes , cut into chunks
- 1 cup stock
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Toss meat, flour and paprika in a plastic bag, tip into a heavy casserole dish.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Press a piece of baking paper over the ingredients and cover closely with a lid.
- Cook for 2 hours without lifting the lid. Check for seasoning and tenderness, returning to oven if more cooking time is required.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
To eat less saturated fat, choose leaner cuts of meat and and trim the fat off meat before cooking.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1239 kJ||403 kJ|
|Protein||37.4 g||12.2 g|
|Fat, total||6.9 g||2.2 g|
|— saturated||2.4 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||18.7 g||6.1 g|
|— sugars||4.4 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||476.5 mg||155.1 mg|
|Fibre||3.4 g||1.1 g|