Healthy Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pasta shapes (spiral or bows), to make 2 cups cooked
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 200 g lean beef strip, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 100 g mushroom, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- to taste pepper
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 2 tbs reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Place beef and flour in a plastic bag together, and toss to coat. Discard excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook beef till golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute, then add the vegetables (except the beans) and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Add water, stock powder, Worcestershire sauce and a good grind of black pepper, stir, and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened up. Add the beans and heat through.
- Stir through the yoghurt and serve on pasta with a little more pepper.
Variation: Serve with rice or mashed potatoes instead of pasta and serve green beans on the side
Serving Suggestion: If making this in the slow cooker, add the beans and yoghurt just before serving. If freezing this dish, leave out the yoghurt and add just before serving.
Comment: *To make this dish gluten free, use gluten free pasta and flour, and check sauces for gluten. *Swap Worcestershire sauce for half tomato-sauce, half soy sauce to make this dish seafood-free.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2028 kJ||373 kJ|
|Protein||39 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||60 g||11 g|
|— sugars||14 g||2 g|
|Sodium||483 mg||89 mg|
|Fibre||12 g||2 g|