Healthy Pork Medallions With Chargrilled Potato Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 500 g pork loin medallion, fat trimmed
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 150 g mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 420 g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- Combine orange juice, vinegar and mustard together in a cup. Pour half the mixture into a non-metal dish, add pork and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for as long as time permits, anywhere between 30 minutes to several hours.
- Microwave potatoes in a covered bowl with a tablespoon of water for 10-12 minutes on HIGH or until just tender. Allow to cool slightly then cut each in half.
- Spray a barbecue, char-grill or griddle with oil and heat to medium-high heat. Cook potatoes on grill for 4-5 minutes each side until lightly charred, set aside.
- Drain pork well and discard marinade. Grill pork for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place salad leaves, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, beans and potatoes in a large bowl. Pour over remaining orange dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates, add pork and serve immediately.
To eat less saturated fat, choose leaner cuts of meat and and trim the fat off meat before cooking.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1520 kJ||344 kJ|
|Protein||37.9 g||8.6 g|
|Fat, total||9.1 g||2.1 g|
|— saturated||1.7 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||28 g||6.4 g|
|— sugars||8.9 g||2 g|
|Sodium||283.2 mg||64.2 mg|
|Fibre||8.3 g||1.9 g|
You might also like
Rosemary Lamb with Sicilian Vegetables
Succulent lamb on vegetable stew – a hearty meal for a cold winter’s night.
Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash 3-2-1
Tender pork with a fragrant glaze, cauli mash and colourful veg.