Healthy Thai Beef Larb Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely sliced, to serve (optional)
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 lime
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 2 spring onions (including green tops)
- 1/4 cup coriander stalks and leaves, chopped
- 100 g rice noodles, to make 2 cups cooked
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 2 tbs unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Spray a large non-stick wok or frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Add mince and brown for 5 minutes, stirring to break up lumps.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli and beans; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, sauces, lime zest and juice of half the lime. Mix through and cook for 2 minutes until cabbage softens.
- Remove wok from heat, add spring onions, coriander and mint and toss to combine.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- To serve, pile cooked mince mixture and noodles into a cup made of 2 lettuce leaves and add peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice. Roll up into a parcel to eat.
Variation: Chicken, kangaroo or pork mince all work great in this recipe.
Comment: *To make sure this dish is gluten free, check your sauces for gluten
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2076 kJ||369 kJ|
|Protein||37 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||16 g||3 g|
|— saturated||4 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||44 g||8 g|
|— sugars||9 g||2 g|
|Sodium||657 mg||117 mg|
|Fibre||11 g||2 g|