- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs chilli flake, optional
- See serving suggestion
- Heat oil in a large frypan and fry onion, garlic and mince for about 5 minutes, till onions are clear and meat is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally
Use scissors to cut up a tortilla or flat bread into triangle shapes. Cook in the oven (10 minutes at 180° C) or in a sandwich press until golden and crunchy. Top these crispy triangles with a spoonful of Mexican Mince, a sprinkle of reduced-fat cheese and a spoonful of low-fat natural yoghurt. Add spring onions and chilli flakes for extra spice.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
You might also like
Mexican Mince - Toastie Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!