- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs chilli flake, optional
- See serving suggestion
- Heat oil in a large frypan and fry onion, garlic and mince for about 5 minutes, till onions are clear and meat is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally
Use scissors to cut up a tortilla or flat bread into triangle shapes. Cook in the oven (10 minutes at 180° C) or in a sandwich press until golden and crunchy. Top these crispy triangles with a spoonful of Mexican Mince, a sprinkle of reduced-fat cheese and a spoonful of low-fat natural yoghurt. Add spring onions and chilli flakes for extra spice.
Double the recipe and freeze individual servings for an easy dinner another day.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!