Healthy Homemade Burger Recipe
- 400 g chicken mince or lean beef mince
- 100 g mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 wholemeal or wholegrain rolls
- Use a grater to grate the bread into bread crumbs.
- Place mince, vegetables and egg in a large bowl and mix. Add enough breadcrumbs to make a soft texture that holds together.
- Divide mixture into four and shape into patties slightly wider than the rolls
- Spray a frypan with a little oil and cook patties for 5 minutes on each side, until brown and cooked through.
- Serve on a roll with salad and sauce.
Variation: Mix up your meat, sauces and salads for exciting new flavours (and to use up the ingredients you have!).
Comment: Make a double batch of patties and freeze them (raw or cooked) to save time another day. Use cling film or baking paper to separate them so you can easily pull them apart once they're frozen.
Vegies are a great source of healthy nutrients. Try to include extra vegetables at lunch and dinner.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1968 kJ||505 kJ|
|Protein||35.8 g||9.2 g|
|Fat, total||11.8 g||3 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||49 g||12.7 g|
|— sugars||9 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||807 mg||207 mg|
|Fibre||9.9 g||2.5 g|
You might also like
Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash 3-2-1
Tender pork with a fragrant glaze, cauli mash and colourful veg.