Healthy Five-Spice Hoisin Pork With Cauliflower Mash Recipe
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice
- pepper, to taste
- 1 large pork tenderloin fillet (500g), trimmed of fat and silver
- 1 tbs spring onion (including green top), chopped, to serve
- 1 small cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbs reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into fingers
- 2 bunches broccolini, ends trimmed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Combine garlic, hoisin, five-spice and black pepper in a cup.
- Place pork in a small baking dish, spoon marinade over pork and toss to coat; tuck tail end of pork under for an even thickness. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until browned and just cooked through.
- Place cauliflower in a medium sized saucepan with milk and water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Drain cauliflower, reserving milk mixture, then return to the hot pot (off the heat). Mix through cream cheese and pepper. Mash the cauliflower with a potato masher, adding up to ½ cup reserved milk for desired consistency.
- Place carrots and broccolini in a steaming basket over a medium saucepan of boiling water; steam, covered, for 5-7 minutes or until carrots are tender but broccolini remains bright green.
- Remove pork from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice pork thinly across the grain, reserving pan juices.
- To serve, divide cauliflower puree, broccolini, carrots and pork between plates; spoon pan juices over pork, sprinkle with spring onion and serve immediately.
Cover dish, refrigerate and marinate pork for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
Variation: Carrots and brocollini may each be microwaved separately in a covered dish with 2 tablespoons water on HIGH (100%) for 4-6 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1551 kJ||230 kJ|
|Protein||53.7 g||8 g|
|Fat, total||5.7 g||0.9 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||19.9 g||3 g|
|— sugars||17.9 g||2.7 g|
|Sodium||896.3 mg||133.5 mg|
|Fibre||11.4 g||1.8 g|
You might also like
Mexican Mince - Nachos Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!