Healthy Sweet & Sour Pork Kebabs Recipe
- 2 tbs salt-reduced tomato sauce
- 1 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 3 tsp white vinegar
- 200 g pork fillet, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 capsicum, cut into chunks
- 3/4 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- 6 mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 3 slices canned pineapple slice in natural juice
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- Mix sauces and vinegar in a small bowl. Add pork, stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
- To prevent them from burning, soak skewers in water while preparing the vegetables.
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Preheat barbecue grill on high heat. Alternatively, heat a frypan or griddle pan just before ready to cook.
- Thread pork and vegetables alternately onto skewers, ending with mushrooms. If your mushrooms are big, cut into halves or quarters.
- Spray skewers with oil and barbecue each side for 2 minutes until pork is cooked through, basting kebabs with remaining marinade occasionally.
- Transfer to plates and serve with rice.
Variation: Serve with quinoa or couscous instead of rice
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2105 kJ||380 kJ|
|Protein||28 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||77 g||14 g|
|— sugars||17 g||3 g|
|Sodium||407 mg||74 mg|
|Fibre||8 g||1 g|