Healthy Sweet & Sour Pork Kebabs Recipe
- 1 tbs salt-reduced tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 400 g pork fillet, trimmed of fat, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 8 small button mushrooms
- 8 thick bamboo sticks
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 cups steamed rice (from 2 cups uncooked rice), to serve
- Mix sauces and vinegar in a small bowl. Add pork, stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
- To prevent burning, cover skewers in a shallow bowl with water.
- Preheat barbecue grill on high heat.
- Thread pork and vegetables alternately onto skewers, ending with mushrooms.
- Spray skewers with oil and barbecue each side for 2 minutes until pork is cooked through, basting kebabs with remaining marinade occasionally.
- Transfer to plates and serve with rice.
Swap a large portion of meat for a smaller portion with extra vegetables.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1654 kJ||395 kJ|
|Protein||28.5 g||6.8 g|
|Fat, total||3.8 g||0.9 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||58.4 g||14 g|
|— sugars||8.6 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||133.4 mg||31.9 mg|
|Fibre||4.2 g||1 g|
You might also like
Five-Spice Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash
Asian-inspired tender baked pork served with mash and colourful vegetables.