Healthy Basil Beef & Bean Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 400 g lean beef, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- olive or canola oil spray
- 200 g green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 410 g can baby corn spears, drained
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce, extra
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 4 cups steamed rice (from 2 cups uncooked rice), to serve
- Mix garlic, ginger and soy in a small bowl; season with black pepper. Add beef, stir to coat and set aside to marinate while vegetables are prepared.
- Spray a non-stick wok or large frypan with oil and heat. Add half the beef and stir-fry for 2 minutes over high heat until browned. Set aside and repeat with remaining beef.
- Spray pan with oil, add beans and broccoli and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add 2 tablespoons water to the pan, cover and cook until vegetables soften but remain bright green.
- Add in corn, beef, soy and oyster sauces and basil. Stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Cover dish, refrigerate and marinate beef for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight. Do not discard the broccoli stalk; use a peeler to remove the hard outer layer then dice the remaining vegetable and add to stir-fry.
- For more heat, add a chopped red chilli to beef marinade.
- Substitute lean pork, skinless chicken breasts, kangaroo steak or tofu for beef.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1810 kJ||409 kJ|
|Protein||31 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||7 g||2 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||56 g||13 g|
|— sugars||5 g||1 g|
|Sodium||1108 mg||250 mg|
|Fibre||8 g||2 g|
You might also like
Mexican Mince - Burrito Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!