Healthy Thai Red Beef Curry Recipe
- 2/3 cup rice (uncooked)
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 200 g lean beef, sliced into strips
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 250 g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 x 165 g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large frypan and cook beef for 2-3 minutes until the outside is browned.
- Add onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until it starts to soften.
- Stir in the curry paste, pumpkin and capsicum and simmer for 10 minutes until pumpkin is soft, adding a little water if necessary.
- Pour in coconut milk and lemon rind and stir through spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve curry over rice with a wedge of lemon, if desired.
To eat less saturated fat, choose leaner cuts of meat and and trim the fat off meat before cooking.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2116 kJ||382 kJ|
|Protein||32 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||2 g|
|— saturated||6 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||67 g||12 g|
|— sugars||13 g||2 g|
|Sodium||366 mg||66 mg|
|Fibre||10 g||2 g|
You might also like
Moroccan Beef with Couscous
You'll love this new take on steak, inspired by the exotic tastes of Northern Africa.