Healthy Hoisin Pork With Cauliflower Mash Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- to taste pepper
- 300 g pork fillet
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 potato, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbs reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 carrots, sliced into batons
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Combine garlic, hoisin, five-spice and black pepper in a small baking dish.
- Add pork to the baking dish and toss to coat; tuck tail end of pork under for an even thickness. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until just cooked through. Remove pork from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place cauliflower and potato in a medium sized saucepan with milk and water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender. Drain, reserving milk mixture, then return to the hot pot (off the heat). Mix through cream cheese and pepper. Mash with a potato masher, adding back a little reserved milk to get the texture you want.
- Microwave carrots and broccoli in a covered dish with 2 tablespoons water on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Slice pork thinly across the grain, reserving pan juices.
- To serve, slice pork and divide it, the cauliflower puree and vegetables between plates and spoon over pork pan juices.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2096 kJ||253 kJ|
|Protein||45 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||14 g||2 g|
|— saturated||6 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||39 g||5 g|
|— sugars||15 g||2 g|
|Sodium||367 mg||44 mg|
|Fibre||17 g||2 g|
You might also like
Beef & Bean Burrito
A vegie-packed beef con carne burrito - a fun, family dinner that the kids will love!