Healthy Hoisin Pork With Cauliflower Mash Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- to taste pepper
- 300 g pork fillet
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 potato, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbs reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 carrots, sliced into batons
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Combine garlic, hoisin, five-spice and black pepper in a small baking dish.
- Add pork to the baking dish and toss to coat; tuck tail end of pork under for an even thickness. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until just cooked through. Remove pork from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place cauliflower and potato in a medium sized saucepan with milk and water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender. Drain, reserving milk mixture, then return to the hot pot (off the heat). Mix through cream cheese and pepper. Mash with a potato masher, adding back a little reserved milk to get the texture you want.
- Microwave carrots and broccoli in a covered dish with 2 tablespoons water on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Slice pork thinly across the grain, reserving pan juices.
- To serve, slice pork and divide it, the cauliflower puree and vegetables between plates and spoon over pork pan juices.
Variation: Use honey and mustard instead of hoisin and five-spice for a different flavour.
Comment: *If you need this dish to be gluten free, check the ingredients list on the sauces . Some contain gluten. *To make this dish dairy free, use a non-dairy milk and leave out the cream cheese.
Vegies are a great source of healthy nutrients. Try to include extra vegetables at lunch and dinner.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2096 kJ||253 kJ|
|Protein||45 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||14 g||2 g|
|— saturated||6 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||39 g||5 g|
|— sugars||15 g||2 g|
|Sodium||367 mg||44 mg|
|Fibre||17 g||2 g|