Healthy Moroccan Beef With Couscous Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200 g lean beef
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green bean
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup coriander stalks and leaves, chopped
- Mix half the orange juice and half the ground spices in a non-metal dish.
- Add steaks, turning to coat in juice mixture. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- In a large heatproof bowl combine onion, apricots, couscous and remaining ground spices.
- Combine remaining orange juice and 3/4 cup boiling water. Pour over couscous mix, cover and set aside for at least 3 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Stir through chick peas and fresh coriander.
- Microwave beans and broccoli in a covered dish with 1-2 tablespoons of water on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes until just tender. Stir after 2 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan and spray with oil. Drain steaks well and discard marinade. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for at least 5 minutes. Serve with couscous and greens.
Comment: *To make this dish gluten free, swap the couscous for rice or quinoa.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2134 kJ||406 kJ|
|Protein||39 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1 g|
|— saturated||0.9 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||66 g||12 g|
|— sugars||11 g||2 g|
|Sodium||271 mg||51 mg|
|Fibre||13 g||2 g|