- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, grated and squeezed of extra moisture
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- pepper, to taste
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, extra, cut into 1cm dice
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1cm dice
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 4 wholemeal or wholegrain wraps
Finely chop garlic and mint or place them into the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer 1/3 of garlic and mint mixture to a small bowl and mix with grated cucumber and yoghurt to make tzatziki. Set aside. Add onion and parsley to garlic and mint mixture and chop or process finely then combine with mince, spices and season with pepper. Use clean hands to divide into 8 portions, shape each into a 12cm long sausage. Spray a barbeque, chargrill or griddle with oil and heat on high. Cook kofta for 8 minutes or until cooked through, turning every few minutes. In a medium sized bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum and spring onion. To serve, divide Lebanese bread, salad and tzatziki on plates and add 2 kofta skewers to each.
If time permits, cover and refrigerate koftas for 20 minutes or overnight before cooking.
Press kofta mix around a metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers for easy turning during cooking.
- Replace beef mince with lean chicken mince.
- Add extra mint and parsley to the salad for a more intense flavour.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2007 kJ||431 kJ|
|Protein||31 g||6.6 g|
|Fat, total||13.5 g||2.9 g|
|— saturated||6.1 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||52.6 g||11.3 g|
|— sugars||18.2 g||3.9 g|
|Sodium||498.1 mg||107 mg|
|Fibre||10.6 g||2.3 g|
You might also like
Beef & Bean Burrito
A vegie-packed beef con carne burrito - a fun, family dinner that the kids will love!