Healthy Perfect Boiled Eggs Recipe
- 1 egg
- Gently place the egg in the saucepan. Pour cold water over the top until it is covered by about 1cm of water.
- Place pan over high heat and watch until the water boils (you will see it rapidly bubble with steam rising).
- As soon as the water boils, turn the heat down to a simmer (you will see only little bubbles form on the bottom and sides of pan).
- Leave the egg to simmer for:
3 minutes if you like a really soft-boiled egg.
4 minutes for a white that is just set and a yolk that is creamy.
5 minutes for a white and yolk perfectly set but still soft.
7 minutes for hard boiled and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan with a large spoon.
Love sweet coffee? Try reducing the amount of sugar you have a quarter of a teaspoon at a time to trick your taste buds!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||217 kJ||587 kJ|
|Protein||4.8 g||13 g|
|Fat, total||3.6 g||9.7 g|
|— saturated||1.2 g||3.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||0.1 g||0.3 g|
|— sugars||0.1 g||0.3 g|
|Sodium||17.4 mg||47 mg|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|