Healthy Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry With Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 small skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 200 g snow pea, ends trimmed
- 410 g can baby corn spears, drained
- 4 small spring onions (including green tops), cut into 2-3cm pieces
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, pepper and chicken in a small bowl; set aside to marinate while vegetables are prepared.
- Heat a non-stick wok or large frypan to high. Add cashews and dry-fry for a minute or until browned; remove from pan and set aside.
- Chop cauliflower very finely or place into the bowl of a food processor and process with blade attachment until it looks like couscous. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and cook on HIGH (100%) for 6-8 minutes until cauliflower grains are tender. Keep covered and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray pan with oil and heat to high. Add half the chicken (with its marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes until browned. Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Respray pan, add broccoli and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until just tender.
- Add honey, oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons water to the pan along with snow peas, corn, spring onions and chicken including any juices; stir-fry for another 3 minutes til heated through.
- Divide cauliflower and chicken stir-fry between plates and serve sprinkled with cashews.
Cover dish, refrigerate and marinate chicken for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
Do not discard the broccoli stalk; use a peeler to remove the hard outer layer then dice the remaining vegetable and add to stir-fry.
- For more heat add a chopped red chilli to the chicken marinade.
- Substitute chicken for kangaroo steak, lean pork, beef or tofu.
- Use any combination of vegetables such as asparagus, bean shoots, cabbage, capsicum, carrots, celery, Chinese vegetables, green beans, mushrooms, onion, spinach, water chestnuts and zucchini.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1663 kJ||501 kJ|
|Protein||31.3 g||9.4 g|
|Fat, total||16.8 g||5.1 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.8 g||7.8 g|
|— sugars||20 g||6 g|
|Sodium||946.8 mg||285.5 mg|
|Fibre||9.6 g||2.9 g|
You might also like
One Pan Mexican Chicken 3-2-1
Vibrant colours, big flavours and hardly any dishes. A weeknight winner!