Healthy Soy Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbs sultanas
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook brown rice according to packet instructions and leave to cool.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the flour, sugar, 3/4 of the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, pepper and 2 tablespoons of hot water. Cook on a low heat until it thickens slightly.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a small baking dish and pour over the sauce and mix so chicken is coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then turn the chicken over and bake for another 20 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- In a large salad bowl, place rice, capsicum, celery, spinach and sultanas. Mix together the lemon juice and remaining soy sauce and drizzle over the salad. Serve with chicken drumsticks.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2169 kJ||408 kJ|
|Protein||46 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||12 g||2 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||51 g||10 g|
|— sugars||20 g||4 g|
|Sodium||1606 mg||302 mg|
|Fibre||8 g||2 g|
You might also like
Fragrant Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps 3-2-1
Fast, fresh and fragrant. Also makes a great salad if you can't be bothered with the lettuce cups!