- 1 packet wonton wrappers (25 sheets)
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 400 g lean chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- rind of 1 lime, finely grated
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 24 coriander leaves , extra, to serve
- red chilli, extra, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
2. Spray a 24-cup capacity mini muffin pan with oil.
3. Press wonton wrappers well into pan holes to form a cup which is fluted at the top.
4. Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
5. Remove from muffin pans and cool.
1. Spray large non-stick frypan with oil and place on high heat.
2. Cook onion for 3 minutes until softened, stirring often.
3. Add chicken mince, season with pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to break up lumps.
4. Mix in garlic, chilli, celery and capsicum; cook for a further 3-5 minutes until vegetables have softened and mince is cooked.
5. Add lime rind and juice, chilli and fish sauces; mix well.
6. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly.
7. Just prior to serving, stir through spring onions, mint and coriander.
8. Spoon 2 heaped teaspoons of mince mixture into each wonton cup.
9. Top with a coriander leaf and chilli slice; serve immediately.
Wonton cups can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an airtight container until required.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||243 kJ||648 kJ|
|Protein||4 g||10.7 g|
|Fat, total||2.2 g||5.8 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.2 g||14 g|
|— sugars||0.8 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||78.4 mg||208.6 mg|
|Fibre||0.8 g||2 g|