Healthy Prawn Jambalaya Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2/3 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 200 g uncooked (green) prawn, peeled
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Cook onion for 3 minutes until softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic, celery, capsicums, paprika and cayenne; season with pepper. Cook for 3 minutes until fragrant then stir in rice, stock powder, water and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often, then reduce heat to medium, cover pot and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. If the rice is still firm and there is no liquid left, add a little more water and cook for a little longer.
- Add prawns to the pot, stir through rice and cook a further 3-5 minutes until they change colour and are cooked through.
- Divide jambalaya between plates, top with parsley and lemon wedges if desired.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2122 kJ||264 kJ|
|Protein||34 g||4 g|
|Fat, total||4 g||0.6 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||75 g||9 g|
|— sugars||15 g||2 g|
|Sodium||1036 mg||129 mg|
|Fibre||10 g||1 g|
You might also like
Tuna & Lemon Pasta
Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you- this fresh-flavoured dish is sure to impress