Healthy Fish With Lentil Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 baby potatoes, unpeeled
- 400 g no-added-salt brown lentils, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), ends trimmed, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 x 120 g fillets firm white boneless fish fillet
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs honey wholegrain mustard
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until you can easily pierce them with a knife. Drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the brown lentils, spinach, tomatoes, spring onions and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl combine balsamic vinegar and mustard to make a dressing. Mix dressing through the lentil salad.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frypan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add fish and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve fish with potatoes, lentil salad and lemon wedges.
Good types of firm white fish include barramundi, snapper, hake, ling, perch, mackerel, cod, seabass and coral trout.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1374 kJ||326 kJ|
|Protein||33.8 g||8 g|
|Fat, total||7.6 g||1.8 g|
|— saturated||1.9 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||26.9 g||6.4 g|
|— sugars||5 g||1.2 g|
|Sodium||146.1 mg||34.7 mg|
|Fibre||6.6 g||1.6 g|
You might also like
Crab Salad With Noodles
Infused with Asian flavours, this noodle salad is a light but satisfying meal ready in less than 30 mins!