- 200 g dried rice vermicelli or bean thread noodles
- 1 continental or 2 large Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves , roughly chopped
- 250 g cooked crab meat
- coriander leaves , extra, to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, to serve (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining ginger, garlic, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil in a cup; mix and set aside.
- Drain noodles, refresh under cold water then drain well and place in a large bowl; pour over dressing and toss to combine.
- Using a teaspoon, discard seeds from cucumber then slice thinly on the diagonal and add to noodles along with capsicum, spring onions, beans sprouts and coriander. Mix to combine salad ingredients.
- Serve onto plates and top each dish with crab meat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and red chilli, if desired.
- Brown rice vermicelli contains more fibre than the white version. If unavailable, use rice stick noodles or vermicelli.
- Include other salad ingredients such as sliced red onion, shredded Chinese cabbage, julienned carrot, snow pea sprouts, halved cherry tomatoes, baby spinach leaves or mixed salad greens.
- Substitute crab meat with a shredded cooked skinless chicken breast or 250g peeled, cooked prawns.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1266 kJ||337 kJ|
|Protein||16.1 g||4.3 g|
|Fat, total||4.1 g||1.1 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||46.5 g||12.4 g|
|— sugars||7.8 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||982 mg||261 mg|
|Fibre||5.5 g||1.5 g|
You might also like
Spicy B.B.Q. Fish with Mango Salad
The perfect Summer dish, inspired by the tastes of the Kimberley.