- 200 g dried rice vermicelli or bean thread noodles
- 1 continental or 2 large Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves , roughly chopped
- 250 g cooked crab meat
- coriander leaves , extra, to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, to serve (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining ginger, garlic, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil in a cup; mix and set aside.
- Drain noodles, refresh under cold water then drain well and place in a large bowl; pour over dressing and toss to combine.
- Using a teaspoon, discard seeds from cucumber then slice thinly on the diagonal and add to noodles along with capsicum, spring onions, beans sprouts and coriander. Mix to combine salad ingredients.
- Serve onto plates and top each dish with crab meat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and red chilli, if desired.
- Brown rice vermicelli contains more fibre than the white version. If unavailable, use rice stick noodles or vermicelli.
- Include other salad ingredients such as sliced red onion, shredded Chinese cabbage, julienned carrot, snow pea sprouts, halved cherry tomatoes, baby spinach leaves or mixed salad greens.
- Substitute crab meat with a shredded cooked skinless chicken breast or 250g peeled, cooked prawns.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1266 kJ||337 kJ|
|Protein||16.1 g||4.3 g|
|Fat, total||4.1 g||1.1 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||46.5 g||12.4 g|
|— sugars||7.8 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||982 mg||261 mg|
|Fibre||5.5 g||1.5 g|