Healthy Baked Tomato Rice Recipe
- 2 stock cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 440 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 185 g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin or curry powder
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Dissolve the stock cube in the water.
- Mix all ingredients in a small baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve warm.
Variation: If using white rice, reduce water to 2 cups and bake for 35 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1843 kJ||422 kJ|
|Protein||18 g||4.1 g|
|Fat, total||3.7 g||0.9 g|
|— saturated||0.7 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||78.8 g||18 g|
|— sugars||9.2 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||963 mg||220.6 mg|
|Fibre||7.4 g||1.7 g|
You might also like
Grilled Salmon with Brown Rice Salad
Fresh salmon shines alongside this healthy salad, topped with crunchy cashews.