Healthy Baked Tomato Rice Recipe
- 2 stock cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 440 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 185 g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin or curry powder
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Dissolve the stock cube in the water.
- Mix all ingredients in a small baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve warm.
Variation: If using white rice, reduce water to 2 cups and bake for 35 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1843 kJ||422 kJ|
|Protein||18 g||4.1 g|
|Fat, total||3.7 g||0.9 g|
|— saturated||0.7 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||78.8 g||18 g|
|— sugars||9.2 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||963 mg||220.6 mg|
|Fibre||7.4 g||1.7 g|